Thursday, December 15, 2011

What happens if the court is closed on my appearance date?

I have a speeding ticket in Kings County, CA. My appearance date is May 5th 2010. Citation 22349 (B)VC I called to see if it is a mandatory appearance and to make payment arrangements. The automated voice said Courts will be closed on Wed. because of state budget cuts. Do I get a failure to appear? Is it my responsability to schedule another date and will a warrant be issued?|||Sounds like a get out of jail free card.|||No is there is no court you don't have to be there. And it is your responsibility to make other arrangements. Seeing as how they are open today I would suggest you contact them today.|||You won't get a failure to appear, but it is your responsibility to schedule another date.|||then show up earlier.....|||Most citation state that you agree to appear prior to such a date - your appearance is more than likely within 10 days. Check with the clerk of the court - they will be able to tell you what to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment