Monday, December 12, 2011

How long does it take them to schedule a lateral release surgery date?

Depends on your condition right now, how bad you need it, your surgeon, their schedule, insurance, and the facility at which you are having it.





It's knee arthroscopy and lateral release is usually used to treat patella tracking problems which are not too severe. Normally, a person isn't in as bad as shape of a person with a torn ACL or broken bone that needs to be surgically set, so the orthopedic is more likely to schedule them earlier and you won't be in crazy amounts of pain or severely disabled while you wait.





I was told the wait would be 2 months, but my condition was worsening and I couldn't do anything beyond walking so somehow my surgeon got me in within a month. I was lucky or else the desk scheduling people said 2 months.





Good Luck :)

No comments:

Post a Comment