Thursday, December 15, 2011

Change flight schedule after departure date?

Hi,





I have a question about flight schedule changes. I bought a round ticket from Continental Airlines and took the first flight to China on December 19th, but I missed the second one on Jan. 25th and did not return to U.S.. I am wondering whether I can change the schedule, pay the additional charges and use that ticket again. Then I don't need to buy a new ticket and pay the full price. How long is the effective period to change the schedule after the flight date?





I tried to change the flight on Continental.com, but it appears that the price for change is $2000 which is more expensive than the original ticket. Once I changed the schedule several days after the first departure date and the change fee is $250. Why did that happen?





Thank you very much. I am looking forward to your reply.|||Call the airline and talk to a human.





Note that if you failed to appear for the second flight without notifying the airline then the airline canceled the rest of the ticket. That is why the website wants $2000. Hopefully a human customer service agent can offer other options to you.|||When you did not show up for the second flight, the rest of your itinerary was cancelled. You need to buy a new ticket.

No comments:

Post a Comment